Our AGM went ahead as scheduled on Monday 30th May in Hereford. It lasted about an hour, longer than has been usual, due to a number of very useful and thought-provoking comments being made from the floor.
1. The minutes of last year’s AGM were approved.
2. Brian Meads (our Chairman) gave a run down on last year’s activities, and presented the Board’s plans for the future, as set out in the headline summary of our business plan. A good deal of discussion followed, and your Board will be considering very carefully several of the points made. Our statutory accounts for 2010 were then presented and approved.
3. After one amendment had been proposed and defeated, a motion to amend our objects in line with Charity Commission requirements was approved. This means that we should now be able to go ahead and gain registered charity status. A second technical amendment to our Memorandum of Association was also approved.
4. Consent was obtained not to appoint an auditor.
5. Claire Bell, Robert Hancock and Brian Meads were all re-appointed as Directors. If you want to become a Director then it doesn’t have to be at the AGM. If you want to come ‘on Board’ then just get in touch!
6. There being no other business the meeting was closed.
Photo by Robert Lewis, Editor of The Ringing World